On February 27, the Honourable Jean-Yves Duclos, Minister of Families, Children and Social Development, announced a call for nominations to recruit members for Employment and Social Development Canada’s National Advisory Committee for Canada’s Volunteer Awards (CVA).
Members of the National Advisory Committee will play a leading role in assessing top-ranked CVAward nominations and making recommendations on Award recipients to the Minister of Families, Children and Social Development
They invite leaders, practitioners and experts from the not-for-profit, voluntary, and private sectors to submit a nomination.
Employment and Social Development Canada ESDC is looking for 11 individuals with:
- experience working or volunteering with an organization to support community development (e.g. municipality, health sector, social services sector, service provider, private or not-for-profit organizations, university/college, etc.);
- ability to communicate orally and in writing;
- ability to analyze information and make recommendations;
- ability to participate effectively in a diverse group in order to build consensus; and
- availability and willingness to commit to participate as an Advisory Committee member over the entire period of their three-year term.
Interested individuals wanting to #makeadifference can submit an online nomination to become a member of the Canada’s Volunteer Awards’ National Advisory Committee.
The deadline for nominations is Friday, March 17, 2017.
For more information, please visit the Canada’s Volunteer Awards’ website or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.